This recipe is a new spin on the BLT… Avocado Toast with Bacon and Grilled Peaches! It may sound odd, but it’s actually a delicious combo, especially when drizzled with sweet balsamic syrup. This is a unique and simple weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Ingredients: *Serves 4-6
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 8 pieces bacon
- 3-4 fresh peaches
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-6 pieces favorite bread
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Peal and mash avocados. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Peal peaches and drizzle with olive oil. Grill over medium-low heat for about five minutes, turning once.
- Toast bread.
- Put balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring barely to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about half. It should be thick and the consistency of syrup.
- Assemble: Smear avocado on bread. Layer with bacon and slices of peaches. Drizzle with balsamic syrup.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.