This Breakfast Crepe Cake is a fun twist on the classic crepe. Layers of crepes filled with lemon and raspberry ricotta, sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with fresh berries!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Butter for greasing pan
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- Zest of two lemons
- 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
Make the crepes
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, water and vanilla extract and mix until there are no clumps.
- Melt a bit of butter in a medium-sized pan. Make the crepes by adding about 1/3 cup batter to the pan and cooking for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Repeat until all batter is gone, buttering the pan between every few crepes if needed so they don’t stick.
Make the filling
- Mix the zest of two lemons into the ricotta cheese. Divide the ricotta in half and place in two separate bowls.
- Add 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar to one bowl and mix well.
- Add raspberry jam and 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar to the other bowl and mix well.
- Place one crepe on a large plate or platter. Spread the lemon ricotta cheese onto the crepe until it covers the entire thing.
- Layer another crepe on top and spread the raspberry ricotta onto it. Continue layering crepes and spreading ricotta until all crepes are gone.
- Once all the crepes are layered, spoon any extra ricotta on top. Add fresh berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi and Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.