by Emily Buckley, editor-in-chief
Do you ever pretend like a recipe takes a lot more work and effort than it really does? If you do this is the perfect one to fit that bill. We call it Cheater Peach Cobbler because it includes only four ingredients and is quick to clean up (if you use a Dutch oven liner) and is absolutely delicious.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- (2) 30 oz cans of peaches, or fruit of choice. Drained.
- 1 can of Sprite
- 1 stick of butter
I suggest using a foil Dutch oven liner (which can be purchased at camp-supply stores ) to make for a quick and easy clean up.
- Spread fruit in the bottom of a lined Dutch oven and then sprinkle cake mix over the top.
- Pour can of Sprite over the peaches and cake mix and stir until all powder is moist.
- Cut butter into small pats and drop them sporadically over the top of the mixture. This will give the cobbler a nice, golden brown top.
- Cover and stack hot coals on the bottom and top of the Dutch oven and let cook for about 45 minutes or bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.