This coconut crusted chicken is almost like eating dessert for dinner. And the best part? It only takes FOUR ingredients to make! Pair it with your favorite pepper jelly or chutney and you have a sweet and spicy meal that’s ready in minutes!
- 12-14 raw chicken tenders, thawed if frozen
- salt and pepper
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1 [14-oz.] package of sweetened coconut shreds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (May need two baking sheets depending on the size of your chicken tenders).
- Dump the coconut shreds in a large non-stick skillet, and toast on low heat, stirring constantly, until a golden brown color. Remove from heat, pour in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Crack the egg whites into a large bowl and set aside.
- Measure the coconut flour into a third large bowl.
- Generously season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Working with one tender at a time, roll the chicken in the flour, then dip in the egg white. Lastly roll the chicken in the coconut shreds until completely covered.
- Place on the baking sheet and repeat with all the chicken tenders.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite chutney or pepper jelly.