One of the best things about the holiday season is the peppermint ice cream sold at the grocery store. It’s a holiday treat that everyone loves, especially when it’s drizzled with homemade hot fudge. This Easy Hot Fudge Sauce is incredibly simple to make, and its rich taste and creamy texture pairs perfectly with a bowl of cold peppermint ice cream. So enjoy it while it lasts!
Ingredients: *Makes 3 cups
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cube butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Peppermint or vanilla ice cream
- Melt the chocolate, butter, powdered sugar and evaporated milk in a double boiler (see notes).
- Simmer on VERY LOW heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and serve warm over ice cream.
Note: If you don’t have a double boiler, make your own by simmering an inch or two of water in a saucepan. Place a metal or glass bowl on top of the saucepan so it fits snugly above the water. Add the ingredients to the metal or glass bowl.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.