Between family get-togethers, holiday shopping, decorating and helping the kids study for final tests, the Christmas season can get very busy. This sausage-leek pasta is an easy and delicious meal for a hectic weekday night. It requires only one pan and one pot, and can be ready in 15 minutes!
Ingredients: *Serves 4-6
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 3 leeks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-2 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Bow-tie pasta (about 10 oz.)
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sauté the leeks on low heat until very soft. Stir frequently so they don’t burn.
- Add the sausage. Cook on medium heat until the sausage is browned.
- Add the chicken broth, peas and cooked pasta and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve warm.