Made with dates, nuts and a dash of ginger for a simple, sweet, grab-and-go holiday treat. Would make a great neighbor gift as well!
Ingredients: *Makes about 10 bars
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raisons
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. – 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- Pinch of salt
- Combine everything in a food processor and pulse until completely mixed.
- Place a sheet of wax paper in a 9X9 baking dish (or smaller if you want them thicker).
- Press dough onto wax paper until even.
- Place in freezer for one to two hours to harden and cut into pieces.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in fridge or freezer.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.