Meat isn’t the only thing you can grill! These Grilled Italian Sandwiches are made with fresh mozzarella, creamy goat cheese, pesto, prosciutto, roasted peppers and zucchini nestled between two pieces of grilled garlic bread!
Ingredients: *Serves 6
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 6 Tbsp. pesto
- 3 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Balsamic reduction, optional *see notes
- Heat grill to medium.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4″ strips. Add garlic to oil and brush both sides of zucchini, saving leftover garlic oil.
- Grill zucchini 3-5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 12 slices. Lay out flat to assemble.
- Spread pesto over half the bread slices, and goat cheese on the other half.
- Add mozzarella, peppers and prosciutto on top of goat cheese slices, and cover with pesto slices. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, if using.
- Brush outsides of bread with garlic oil. Grill over medium heat for about 3 minutes, each side.
- Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have time to make your own balsamic reduction, many stores carry pre-made balsamic glaze that works just as great!