Mix all those holiday treats with flu season and you get a recipe for sick kids. This Immune-Boosting Strawberry Smoothie combines strawberries, beets and fresh ginger for a boost of Vitamin C to strengthen your immune system.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 medium cooked beet, cold or frozen (see notes)
- Heaping 1/2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk or coconut water
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 3-4 ice cubes (or more if needed)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice until desired consistency is reached.
Note: Beets can be a pain to prep yourself. Many stores carry already steamed and peeled beets, which can save you lots of time!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.