- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cups broccoli
- 1 small onion
- 1 flank steak (approx. 1.5 -2 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce or favorite hot sauce (more or less depending on spice preference)
- 2 Tbsp. corn or tapioca starch, dissolved in 2 Tbsp. cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: sesame seeds, green onions
- Turn instant pot to sauté and adjust to “less.” Once hot, add 1/2 Tbsp. oil and heat. Add the broccoli and stir to coat in oil. Sauté until broccoli begins to soften and turn a bright green color, about five minutes. Remove from instant pot and set aside.
- Slice meat into long, thin strips.
- Turn off the instant pot and then turn back on to sauté. Adjust heat to “more” and add 1/2 Tbsp. oil. Once hot, add the meat and brown for two to three minutes, then add the coconut aminos, water, coconut sugar, and garlic cloves. Stir to combine. Top with shredded carrots and turn the instant pot off.
- Turn it back on and secure the lid. Set it to “manual” for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, do a quick release by turning the vent to “venting.” Once all steam has released, unlock the lid and remove. Keep instant pot on “keep warm.”
- Combine starch with cold water and stir to combine. Add to instant pot along with sesame oil, lime juice, sriracha sauce and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine and let sit for five minutes or so to thicken.
- Serve over rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.