Thanksgiving will be here before you know it! This year, skip the marshmallows and go back to the basics: sweet potatoes, coconut milk and maple syrup. And don’t forget some delicious spiced pecans on top!
Ingredients: *Serves 4-6
- 4-6 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3-4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup pecans
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and poke with a fork.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until softened.
- Let potatoes cool, and scoop cooked potato from skins.
- Place cooked potato in bowl. Add coconut milk and 2 Tbsp. maple syrup. Combine together and mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop pecans and place in small, dry frying pan. Toast over low heat, stirring often, until dark brown.
- Take pecans off heat and add 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup, Kosher salt to taste and cayenne. Mix well and cool.
- Heat potatoes, if needed, and serve with pecans sprinkled on top.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.