Sick of tackling a sink piled high with dishes? Try this one-pan meal to make clean-up a breeze! Garlic-lime shrimp, onions and peppers combined with spices for a simple, quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds large raw shrimp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roughly chop onion, peppers and tomatoes. Slice jalapeño into thin slices, removing seeds.
- In small bowl, combine evoo, lime juice and seasonings.
- Spread onion, peppers and tomatoes over cookie sheet. Drizzle half of evoo-lime marinade over.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the rest of marinade over shrimp and let sit at room temperature.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle shrimp with slotted spoon over veggies and return to oven. (Discard remaining marinade.)
- Roast for five more minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro, guacamole and plain Greek yogurt.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.