Mix up your morning with a new granola! Pumpkin seeds, oats, flax and puffed rice are mixed with molasses and coconut oil for a crunchy snack to top yogurt or milk.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups puffed rice (can find online or at most health food stores)
- 1/2 cup whole flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cup shelled, raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. kosher salt (to taste preference)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine molasses, maple syrup and coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat until melted. Stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix well until incorporated.
- Bake 20 minutes, stir, bake another 10 minutes and stir again. Bake 10 more minutes, take out of the oven and let cool. (Don’t touch it so it can harden into clumps)!
- Once completely cool, break into pieces and store in an air-tight container.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.