Who needs holiday-scented candles when you have this pumpkin granola roasting in your oven? This granola captures the very essence of the holiday season…the smell of roasting walnuts and spiced pumpkin seeds in a cozy home full of Thanksgiving decor. This granola is such a yummy treat for the holidays and would make a great neighbor gift as well.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (use “spiced” pumpkin seeds if you can)
- 1 cup crushed walnuts or pecans
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree over low while stirring continually until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and toss.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before stirring, as this will help the granola to cluster. Store in an air-tight container and enjoy within four to five days.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.