This Rice and Veggie Bowl combines fresh veggies with grains and the creamy taste of fried egg to create the perfect all-in-one dinner. It’s a great go-to meal when you’re trying to use up the extra veggies in your fridge!
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 4-6 eggs
- 1-2 avocados
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook brown rice and quinoa. Mix together in a large bowl with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Chop onion, pepper, kale and zucchini.
- Add onion and pepper to skillet and sauté until almost soft.
- Add kale, zucchini and tomatoes, as well as herbs and spices. Cook another five minutes.
- Divide rice/quinoa mixture into individual bowls and add veggies on top.
- Don’t clean out the veggie skillet. Add a little more oil if needed, and fry eggs as desired.
- Slice avocados.
- Place eggs and avocado slices on top of bowl.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.