Chocolate milk, toasted marshmallows and a bit of a sticky mess! Sounds like the perfect recipe for some family fun. Try out this recipe from Cheri Alberts-Salcedo at thewateringmounth.com.
Cook time 1 min. // Cooling time 5 min. // Total time 6 min.
- 4 marshmallows, regular size
- 2 ounces chocolate milk (hot liquid will melt the marshmallows)
- 2 forks
- Electric or gas burner
- Turn on your electric burner to red-hot high.
- Gather four marshmallows that are perfect in shape and proportion (the better the shape, the better chances you have of it staying together).
- Stick a fork in the top of a marshmallow, being careful not to pierce the bottom.
- Hold the marshmallow side 2-3 inches over the burner. When it begins to smoke and brown, turn it again. Brown all sides of the marshmallow evenly, excluding the top where the fork is. Use the second fork to hold the marshmallow on while browning the bottom.
- Slide the marshmallow onto a plate and cool completely. While cooling, the inside will implode naturally.
- Pour chocolate milk into the cooled marshmallow and drink immediately. If you wait too long, it will soak through the marshmallow.
- Eat the messy marshmallow.