Try mixing things up from your usual stir-fry with these Asian Udon noodles! This recipe combines thick, chewy noodles with fresh vegetables and a delicious, creamy peanut sauce. Make the sauce ahead of time for a quick and easy assembly!
Ingredients: *Serves 6
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 package Udon noodles (found in the Asian section in most grocery stores.)
*Note: Try to find the pre-cooked kind for quick and easy preparation
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow or orange), chopped
- ½ cup edamame
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized or chopped
- Homemade peanut sauce *See recipe below
- Cilantro for garnish
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
Homemade Peanut Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- Make the peanut sauce: mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- In a large frying pan, heat the sesame oil and add the Udon noodles. Cook on low heat until the noodles are warm and separated.
- Add the shredded carrots, bell pepper, edamame and zucchini and heat until the zucchini is soft.
- Mix in the peanut sauce and heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and crushed peanuts and serve immediately.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.